Thursday, November 26, 2009

"Permanent" hair dye washing out?

About a month ago I dyed my hair this really nice dark red colour. It looked really good, but then I washed it and the water was pink. When my hair was dry the colour had faded a bit and now my hair is a dull red/brown colour. I still have another packet of the colour and I want to re-dye it again soon, does anyone have any tips on how I can prolong the life of the colour? I know reds fade fast, but this fast? The box says "permanent" and "will not wash out".



"Permanent" hair dye washing out?

Red always fades very quickly. I've been dying my hair red, with tons of different brands, for years %26amp; it never stays red. It didn't stay red when the hairdresser did it, either. The best thing you can do is get the collection of hair care products for redheads (I believe it's called "Radiant Reds") %26amp; touch up as often as possible.



"Permanent" hair dye washing out?

I had the same problem. Use sulfate-free shampoo %26amp; conditioner. The Ammonium/Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfates are like detergents that will strip your hair color. Even most top of the line high priced shampoos %26amp; conditioners contain these ingredients. Look for "sulfate-free" products. The best line is "Pureology".



"Permanent" hair dye washing out?

I have been dying my hair red for the past four years, so I can confidently tell you that it is just the nature of the color to fade fast and 'bleed' a lot. It usually takes up to a week or two for the worst of the 'bleeding' to stop, but sometimes it can last almost until you need to re-dye. I did notice though that when I used the conditioner that came with the color at least twice a week the 'bleeding' was a little bit more controled.



The best advice I can give you is invest in a stack of ratty, old towels you don't mind getting all messed up and used those on your hair when you get out of the shower.



"Permanent" hair dye washing out?

I know your problem well. I have blonde hair and I dyed my hair a real dark brown to match my face. The dye always kept washing out real fast. I asked my stylist about it and she said to try this. Don't wash your hair 24 hours before you color because the oil in your hair will protect your hair. Also if your natural color is a light color leave the color in for 5-10 extra minutes and rinse with warm water. Also use a color protecting shampoo and conditioner. Also try using different kind of hair color. It may also be the brand you are using. So you can also try using a different brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans