Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why does hair dye change the texture of your hair?

I have thick african american hair. I am getting gray and I dye every 4- 6 months (when it starts to look awful/washed out). Prior to dyeing (1 month or so because I forget that I should dye it again), my ends are frizzy and my hair is dry, dry, dry.



I then relax my hair with Optimum and dye it with soft %26amp; beautiful semi perm jet black dye (formulated to use after relaxing, but I wait one week). My hair texture turns smooth and more manageable. It is almost miraculous. I am a do it your selfer - I don't usually go to hairdresser unless special occassion.



I do not change my routine of blow dry and flat iron with ion spray heat protector (my hair is extremely thick) and then grease, pink oil, and oil sheen and then I wrap it with a silk cloth.



Why does hair dye change the texture of your hair?

I chemically relax my hair too. I have rough thick hair that is curly and impossible to manage. I can't comb my hair unless I put products in it.



When you relax your hair, the chemicals THIN out the hair strand. That is why it feels smoother.



Same for me, my hair feels more healthy when relaxed when in actuality, it is technically more damaged. hahaha.



Why does hair dye change the texture of your hair?

Well I am a beautician and this is what I think, First of all relaxing and dying your hair (especially) african american hair, drains the nutrients that the hair needs. You should almost never dye your hair and then put a relaxer in it. What you should start doing is going to a professional hairdresser.....Thats if you want. But if you cant afford it or just dont like going and sitting and waiting then do one at a time. Like do one two months apart. That should help solve your problem......good luck sweetie.......



Why does hair dye change the texture of your hair?

because of the chemicals



Why does hair dye change the texture of your hair?

the hair dye changes the texture of your hair because of all the chemicals your putting in to it.



Why does hair dye change the texture of your hair?

well i dye my hair black but my only problem is trying to make sure if have enough moisture in my hair. well is sounds like your doing way to much to ur hair first you have a relaxer that's 1 chemical damage already 2, Ur putting heat on it , and 3 ur dying so that's why ur hair is so dry ur taking all the moisture out and the products ur using is not going to work. first u need to deep condition it will help trust me.try garine futurist moisture works and then their deep conditioner sleek and shine. for lotion i highly recommend olive oil lotion. if u did this u will be thanking me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans