Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

Two days ago I went to a salon to have my hair dyed dark brown, because my darker natural color was starting to grow out. The salon screwed up my hair and dyed my hair black. I lost $50 on this deal. Then, the next day, I decided to go to a different salon and have them repair the damage. The woman told me because my hair was black, we would need to clean and extract the previous dye, then start from scratch and dye my hair brown. She recommended a very light brown because she said the black and the very light brown would give me the dark brown hair I wanted, close to my natural color. Well, my hair turned out very, very light brown, almost a dirty blond. This cost me $100. I am very upset and my scalp is red and irrated from all the chemical treatment - my hair feels like it is going to fall out - its is very dry and damaged.



Is there anything I can do to make my hair the darker brown color that I want, without doing more damage to my hair and scalp??



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

go back to the salon and have them fix it the right way.



you should have gone back to the first salon first. I would not try anything yourself- go to the salon and tell them you hate it and you want it fix the right way. talk to the manager.



good luck- been there done it.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

Let your natural hair grow out and then dye it the way you want.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

Just leave it alone for a while--you don't want it to fall out! That is horrible that neither salon tried to correct it to your satisfaction and still charged you for it. You should call a different salon and see what kind of products they recomend to get your hair back to normal before you try to color it again. Good luck...talk about a nightmare!



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

OK 1. no more dyeing.... let it repair



2. u can use a highlighter for Ur hair ( the stuff that wash out in the shower is pretty much one of the only opinions u got. but trust me no more dyeing for a while.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

go to a professional hairdresser.............it may be more expensive but it will get you what you want



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

I don't think that you need to put anymore chemicals on your hair at this time. It sounds as if your hair was very porous the first time it was colored. That is why it grabbed the color and made it too dark. There are colored mousses that you can use to acheive a darker look than you have now without coloring again.



You also need to use a deep treat conditioner to help your hair regain its moisture balance.



If you do decide to color again make sure that they do not use a permanent color on your hair. It is harsher than a semi-permanent. But for now I would leave your hair alone.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help!?

Hopefully, you have already been to the salon manager and demanded your money back.



As for your hair color, you might want to try a rinse. You will have to do it every day, but it will get your hair darker without damaging your scalp. They can look a little bit flat/single tone, but it would help get rid of a really bad color. Similarly, a brown shampoo with tinter in it will help over time.



However, if you have really damaged your scalp badly, you may want to do the coloring as little as possible, at least until your head starts feeling better. In the meantime, you will definately want to invest in some deep conditioning treatments to get your hair back into shape; you can get them at Sally Beauty or a similar store for $1 apiece OR simply put conditioner in your hair, wrap with a damp towel/saran wrap, and sit in steam for 1/2hr before rinsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans